What is an eCommerce website?
Put simply, an eCommerce website is a place where people sell products or services online. Such websites allow customers to browse goods and services, add them to an online basket, order and pay for them. It’s likely that you will have used eCommerce websites in the past, in order to buy products and services; from your weekly food shop right through to buying a new book.
Who needs an eCommerce website?
This is anybody that is wanting to sell something online. Its doesn’t matter if you want to sell some of your old DVD’s or looking to sell consultancy services, eCommerce websites make this possible.
What are the benefits of an eCommerce website?
The a numerous benefits to having an eCommerce website, below are some of the main ones:
- You are effectively always open for business – A lot of physical shops close at 6pm these days which can sometimes be inconvenient for some people depending on their working hours. Having an online shop means that people can kick back and go shopping after the kids have gone to bed!
- It can keep your costs down – Having an online shop built is much cheaper than renting a premise for people to come and buy your products.
- You can reach more customers – If you’ve been selling in your local area then you may find your customer base is limited to those living in that area. An eCommerce website can reach customers nationally and even internationally!
- Shopping online is becoming more and more popular – Many people prefer to shop online now, as it is so convenient. If you can offer your customers this option then you’re likely to see a lot more business.
How much does an eCommerce website cost?
This all depends on how many non-shop pages you will need for your online shop. As a guide we recommend looking at our website packages to get an idea of which package suits you, then add on £300 for eCommerce.
eCommerce features include:
- Add and update your products from anywhere in the world through your PC or Mobile device
- Real time reporting of product sales, most popular products, customer insight and more
- Allow customers to write reviews on your products. You have the control to review them before going live.
- Offer coupons and vouchers for discounts on your products.
- Set your own shipping costs. Set discounts for bulk orders.
- Allow people to share and promote your products through their social media channels.
- Easily take payments for your products – Cheque, bank transfer, cash on delivery or credit/debit card payments through systems such as Paypal, Stripe, Worldpay, etc.
To discuss this further or to get a more accurate cost for your online shop contact us here or call 01603 673337 and one of our team will be happy to help you.